AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post manufacturer and model number TV's that have a variable line level audio output setting instead of fixed line level audio output.

This feature is useful when installing inwall/ceiling speakers when using 2 ch amp with fixed volume level to power the speakers.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine just came yesterday and it has it, so probably all the LE700UN series does. I had downloaded a PDF manual before I bought because this is one of the things I wanted to check.

Actually it's switchable in the on-screen menus between fixed and variable, which is not quite as good as both on seperate jacks, but oh well.

Good thing it does because it really needs external speakers. The small down-firing ones built in lack bass and since they aren't pointed at the viewer it's hard to understand dialogs. Overall I like the set though.

Another gotcha is that they don't have EPG for DTV over-the-air program guides. There's a way to turn on having it tell you what the program name is when you change channels, but no way to see what's coming up. The EPG in my $70 DTV converter box was better than that, and mythtv really takes it to an art form by downloading all the available data from all channels over the air.

Alan

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
my mitsu 65736 dlp doesn't have it

i wanted to put some powered monitors on it. but i can't adjust the volumn with the remote

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
oh

my toshiba 32" lcd does have that. but i don't need seperate speakers for this one.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Toshiba AV502 series and Toshiba RV525 series both do.

I own a 37RV525R - 37.0" Diagonal 1080p Full HD LCD and a 32AV502R - 31.5" Diagonal 720p HD LCD TV. One of the main reasons I bought these LCD's was because they had RCA and optical variable audio outs. I am very satisfied with them both.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sony XBR 52 LCD has it. Has to pony up the extra cash for the XBR just to get this and hook up my sub. None of the other larger LCD's had this feature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2/16/12: Just checked at ABT and online. Sony XBR and Bravia HX tvs show as having fixed/variable line out on their spec sheets. You need to run a splitter from the mini jack. Other Sonys may or may not have this feature, I didn't check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.