AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted up tvtime 0.9.10, this time with a lot of packages already available, and soon to appear in debian unstable.

This release is our second release with a full OSD menu system for configuring tvtime, and it cleans things up a lot. All of the important features are now in the menu. As well we have XMLTV support for showing current show information. I'd love to hear opinions from some of the folks here on this tvtime release, and on where you think we still need to improve.

http://tvtime.net/

·
Registered
471 Posts
The OSD is really nice.

A few questions: is it independent enough for other video apps, eg. xine?

Have you considered implementing a plug&play implementation for mpeg2 sources such as dvb-t/c/s cards? These are tricky to make use of under linux right now.

Would you consider putting rpm's on freshrpms.net for better distribution?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The OSD code is pretty modular, I don't know if they would be interested though. You'd have to ask the xine people.

For MPEG2 sources, I have a PVR-250 capture card now, which provides an MPEG2 input. I would like to use libmpeg2 in tvtime to decode from that, I'm sure it would be similar for DVB cards without an onboard MPEG2 decoder. But to be honest, this is a lot of work and I would like help. I don't see myself having enough time to finish it any time soon unless there was someone doing it with me.

I will look into freshrpms.net. I am not a user of Red Hat so knowing how best to distribute software for it is difficult. I am also trying to get it into the next Red Hat release itself. We are now scheduled to be on the Mandrake 9.2 CD, and we are also in Debian unstable, so we are making some progress getting into distributions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.