Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to get tvtime working on epia M9000. I have rh9 with VIA binary drivers installed, xv also is present. With tvtime I cjust cannot get any other picture as one that is only hals width and there are two pictures one over another, so really is not watchable. Funny is following:

- I get xawtv working ok if I have capture set to Overlay and get same result when I set it in last choice (cannot remember now) - I read that this choice uses xv

- with mplayer I can set xview as output, but get normal picture if I set yw12 and same result as with tvtime if I set this to yuy2.

I don't know exactly but have feeling that there should hel if I'd be able to tell tvtime to use xv but with yw12. But if I remember right, xv should be working on epia and so I should probably get OK picture with more or less default setting of tvtime.

Any help, advice, more info ?

Thanks in advance,

Robert.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I replied to your post on tvtime-devel, and cc'ed you as well. Did you not get my reply? Since you posted the same text here, I'll also post my reply:

I was been debugging this with an epia user a bit and it's a bit strange. I figure it's due to broken YUY2 support in their driver. Hopefully I'll get my EPIA soon and then I can help out a bit more.

Have you contacted anyone at via about this?

It's good to know that mplayer works. By the way, it's YV12 not YW12 :)

YV12 is half as much colour as YUY2, so converting tvtime to output YV12 instead would mean a drop in visual quality, and either a slow format conversion or a lot of changes to our code. I think we should try and track down the bug in the driver and get it fixed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

thanks for prompt response. Mine took much longer...

Yes I got your response and I have put it also on viaarena but so far no response...

We'll see...

Regards,

Robert Rozman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.