AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a firmware version later than 1.08 fixes the issue of the continual fan on the TW100 after switch off. Alternatively, has anyone found out what the oprions in the service menu do and if there is a way there to turn this fan off.

Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Last time I checked, there was no firmware newer than 1.08. But I do understand that with the "new" TW100 model that Epson has done something to shut the standby fan off after a certain period of time. Can anyone with a TW100ug confirm this?

I am wondering if the standby fan issue will be a route to warranty exchange to the newer TW100ug. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have to say it has bugged me ever since I got the first TW100 last year. (Subsequently moved to CRT and now back to a TW100). At the time I logged this as a complaint with Epson who initially thought it was a fault (lack of knowledge on the customer service desk) and then said it was perfectly normal due to a need to continually cool the electronics (Yeah, right :eek: ).

I reckon in a few months when the new version has well and truly cemented itself in the market I will re-visit this.

Also, I have noticed this evening that on the menu and pattern screen the red pixels are shifted a good few mm to the left of the green and blue meaning I do not get true white lines. Do you think this is due to a misalignment of the projector in relation to the screen or more serious with panels being mis-aligned within the pj itself. Also, is there any way to converge the TW100 to pull the red panel back into alignment? If not then this will be another reason for a warranty exchange in a few months.

Was told by Epson today that 4 green pixels was not enough to constitute a warranty repair or replacement. There needs to be at least 20 :mad: . How are these mfrs getting away with shoddy products I ask myself!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'll have to take a close look at my image and see what kind of convergence I have. I haven't noticed any color problems, though. I also don't think I have any dead pixels....at least not when I project solid red, green, blue, black and white screens. I guess I'm lucky.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Messiah, I got a similar misalignment at the right side of the projected image. There is no way to correct the alignment of the panels. The whole optical engine has to be replaced (I have checked with my Epson service center). The biggest problem is that the service center doesn't know how much the panels has to be misaligned to be counted as an warranty issue. I have asked Epson UK (their customer service truly suck) and they told me that they would come back to me as soon as they could get an answer from Japan (that was more than 3 month ago!)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.