AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared to other RPTVs, the TW40X81 seems to have a huge amount of convergence drift during the first half-hour or so after it's turned on.

I suspect it's because of the construction - plastic skin over metal subframe - but I haven't seen any way to avoid the problem, other than leaving it on all the time. Once it's warmed up, it seems to be OK.

Could that be what you're seeing?

HTH,

Barry

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the same problem with my Toshiba TP61G90 (1997 model). Convergence is terrible for the first 30 to 45 minutes until it drifts into place. Red is the worst, and always on the right side. In my experience, most of the Toshibas from 1997 through 1999 seem to exhibit this problem to some degree.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Moving the TV will definitely throw convergence off. My TW40X81 also takes 30-40 mins after powering up to get properly converged (the way I set it in the service grid before).

------------------

Surf on to ... THE BEST FILMS & HOME THEATER

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 40H80 doesn't have any noticible convergence drift with warm up when looking at normal video. Can't say about looking at the grid.

------------------

Russ

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I just moved and my set will not hold its convergence.... every time I power up, the right side convergence is way off (the red gun seems to be out the most...) Is this a symptom of a mechanical problem, or is it possible that the electronics that keep hold of this information are losing it after powering down.......

Thanks in advance for anyones help...... getting tired of my fuzzy, soft hi def picture http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------

the audience is listening...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.