AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TW56X81 hooked up to satellite receiver and a progressive scan DVD player and the picture was looking good till few nights ago when the power went off while we were watching tv. We went to sleep forgetting to switch the TV off. Next morning I saw that the TV was on, and had a still image of the programming guide from the satellite receiver displayed on the screen. The screen had been this way for over 5 hours and it really freaked me out.

Now the problem is that for whatever reason the convergence was all screwed up, and when I try to manually converge using the user menu (no idea how to get to the service menu) and I see everything is off. Even after I converge red and blue, the cross is not completely white because the underlying green cross is a little thicker than red and blue and spills over.

Moreover, when I go to a picture, I see the scan lines flickering and waving a lot. The picture looks a little blurred.. to a normal eye it might look ok, but having gotten used to the good picture I had earlier, this is now unbearable. Any idea what went wrong here and how can I fix it?

Also, if someone has a copy of the service manual for TW56X81, can you please mail me that at peeyush1 at hotmail dot com

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.