AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Explorer 2000HD installed but am having a sound issue. I am getting DD 5.1 sound out the Digital Coax connector on all the digital channels. BUT, on the HD channels I only get sound out the analog jacks. Any ideas?

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got my 2000HD hooked up in Memphis last week. I get HBO and Showtime in HDTV, however I get no sound through the digital coax when vieing the hdtv channels. Still getting 5.1 dolby D signals when viewing other non-hdtv HBO channels. Let me know if you find a solution.

regards,

David

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Easley
Just got my Explorer 2000HD installed but am having a sound issue. I am getting DD 5.1 sound out the Digital Coax connector on all the digital channels. BUT, on the HD channels I only get sound out the analog jacks. Any ideas?

------------------

Steve
Steve or David

Try this "fix": Using the remote press "settings" twice and then scroll down two lines to Audio: Digital In. Pause. That might do it. Do you know if they "hit" your box? You might ask them to try it again.

A couple of months ago I had a problem with a new box (three of them actually) and that was the workaround until they provided a software fix (about a month ago now). Changing the audio out to "other" or "DD" had no effect.

Anyway; I could tune to a HD channel..no Digital audio out. Do the workaround and it would come on after a couple of seconds. It worked fine until I changed channels to another HD channel. I could move to a standard one like HBO on 200 etc w/o a problem. Going back to HD required the "fix" again. Going from 901 to 921 (or similar) required the fix. Then eventually had a software fix; they had me do a hard reboot of the box; unplug; pause; plug in and let it d/l services again).

Note: this is a problem Columbia TW had; I tried out three diffferent boxes ( one old; two brand now) and it appeared to be a glitch between the boxes firmware and the server software.

Of course; your problem might be something else totally.

Holler if need be via PM.

Bruce

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Haven't tinkered much with my 2000HD's 5.1, but thought I'd read only certain HD movies are delivered in Dolby AC3/5.1. Previous and upcoming 5.1 films are listed at the Dolby.com site. -- John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Bruce.... that worked! I have reported the problem to TW here in Memphis and told them that Columbia has already faced and dealt with the same problem so maybe they will be able to correct soon. In the mean time, I bought a remote (MX-500) capable of performing macros and I have buttons setup for each of the HD channels that will go through the "fix" routine in addition to tuning to the channel.

many thanks,

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.