AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NYC and TWC has several HD stations that are fantastic. What drives me crazy is that TWC does absolutely no promotion of this. Whenever there is an ad about digital cable ther is no mention at all about HD. It amazes me how many of my friends, and I'm in the entertainment biz, were shocked when they visited me and saw the HD demonstration I gave. I believe in a city like NYC where there is so much money and so much interest in technical advances, that a heavy ad campaign stressing HD, would have a large affect on Digital TV sales. At least Cablevision has begun to mention MSG-HD and FSNY-HD on many of it's TV ads for IO cable.Are any other systems advertising their HD capabilities?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Perhaps there would be such a run on the HD STBs that they would not be able to keep up with the demand. So they don't advertise it and everyone is happy.

just a thought.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Perhaps there would be such a run on the HD STBs that they would not be able to keep up with the demand. So they don't advertise it and everyone is happy.
This is correct for now, but is changing as we speak.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you like at a thread in local hdtv there is one about twc where some people are being told by twc that they have no more hdtv boxes. glad i got mine when i did.

paul

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jckessler
Comcast in Boston advertises HD on the radio and in the Sunday paper.
Comcast tends to run promos for HDTV and CSN-HD on its sytems. I hardly ever saw HD promos on D*, at least through January of this year, when I was a D* sub.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
TWC in the San Fernando Valley regularly ran digital cable ads in the L.A. Times that listed they had 8 HDTV channels (vs satellite 5), Lately they have dropped the mention of HD in their ads.

Rick R

·
Registered
195 Posts
In Syracuse, NY, TWC promotes HD very lightly. In their subscription monthly program publication, "Channel Guide," all sorts of offerings are heavily advertised, but I have never seen the slightest mention of HD. Had it not been for this forum, I would not have known about their HD carriage of the opening rounds of the Masters' Tournament. And no, HD boxes are not in short supply here, though their installers' knowledge of how to connect them certainly is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.