AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Looking to go with TWC in the near Future and I have a couple of questions on thier Set top box. I live in the Green Bay Viewing area and I'm not sure which HD box they would give me. Do these boxes have DVI outputs? Will it output Digital to my Projector downstairs and output an analog signal to my SD TV upstairs at the same time? Or does it only output one or the other at one time.

Thanks for the help!

Flan

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi Mike TW has the SA8300 DVR or the Sa8000 standard hd box. I've had both and the sa8300 DVR rocks and looks better then the SA8000. The improvement I got was with the SD signal using the HMDI Out to the plasma using a DVI to HMDI the cable I got from RAM electronics. RAM is a forum sponsor. I should point out that that the DVR was the same price rental as the SA HD standard box. My wife and I are hooked on the DVR. Just a heads up Mike the Green Bay Packers are on FOX WLUK and only offer the analog signal for the Green bay Packer games so no High def games on Time Warner cable. See the Green bay local thread for more info as to why WLUK does what it does with regard to boycotting its digital signal. The HD chaneels that you will get with TW are CBS,NBC,ABC,TNN, PBS,DISC theater. The local channels missing are FOX, WB, and UPN. The cable tier for about $5.00 get you ESPN HD, INHD, INHD2,HDNET and HDnet movies.

Later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.