AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the HD2000 box on Thursday from Time Warner here in Charlotte and was ticked off to say the least when the FLorida game on Saturday showed up in 4:3 standard definition on the HD channel. I noticed another poster from Charlotte stating the same thing. Does anyone know what happened and did this happen to TWC customers in other states?

I called TWC and reached someone who said they have NO switch for HD at TWC. They said that they receive the signal from CBS and that it was their fault. How can this be if satellite customers say they saw the game in HiDef? Does anyone have a contact in Charlotte that works in the engineering dept or have an engineering phone number?

Hopefully this will be fixed before we play Florida State and Tennessee as I'd like to watch my gators whip some butt in HD :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Brad. Hopefully it'll be fixed before the next game. At least I've got The Sopranos and Band of Brothers tonight but I'd been waiting since the beginning of September to see the Gators in HiDef. Oh well... I haven't heard anything about getting more HD channels, has anyone else? We need ABC and Fox here in Charlotte.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but TWC in Houston showed the game in HD with no problem. So clearly it is a local problem.

I hope you get the problem resolved in time for FU vs FSU on 11/17.

Go Gators!

·
Registered
211 Posts
It was on in HD over TWC cable here in NYC, & it looked great!

Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.