AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call that told me I'm finally getting TWC HDTV this coming Wednesday. I want to be prepared when they come for the installation. I have a few questrions for those of you out there that already have TWC's HDTV set top box. First off what is the audio out connector, i.e. fiber or coax? What is the TV out connection, i.e. coax or component?

I'll be inputting to a Toshiba 65H81 for the TV and a Sony STR D935 audio amp for the Dolby digital.

Thanks in advance for any help. Would anyone know a site on the internet that'll show me the front and back panel of this box?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:( Bump. I knew this was a rare thing I mean TWC and HDTV and all, but come on no one out there has a TWC HDTV box they can help me with. I've only got today left before they install.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know what box they are using in Orlando but if it is the same SA2000HD box we are using in NYC here are the connections:

Video: Component out. Default is three wire (Y,Pb,Pr) but it can be configured for RGBHV by an internal jumper. Connectors are RCA.

Audio: Digital Coax. Connecter is RCA

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the help. I did not know there might be different boxes. I thought a TWC HDTV box was a TWC HDTV box. Either way I'll have the COAX with the RCA connectors ready, but not opened. If the box shows up with different connectors I'll just take them back. Thanks again

·
Banned
136 Posts
I can confirm that Orlando TWC uses the SA Explorer 2000HD box, and that the connections are as described. I had mine set in the default way of Y Pb Pr.

There is a separate set of RCA connectors for the SD outputs only, and a channel 3 coax output also just for SD. One or both or these are useful for connection to a standard VCR.

·
Registered
130 Posts
also, be warned that in NYC, you'll only get 3 HD channels for the time being.

(HBO, SHO, CBS)

And You'll get a 2000HD most likely, let us know if you do get the 3100, but most likely NYC won't see those until '02, and the current 2000hd owners won't see it until it snows in july...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.