AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All: i'm in Manhattan with Time Warner cable's HD, using the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD, and only several days ago, had new software "pushed down" into my box without any warning - i suppose this is the way it always is?

almost immediately, i noticed that when i hit the swap button to swap between the 2 tuners, i.e. go from channel x on Tuner A to channel y on Tuner B, one channel always gets "stuck".

so, if i have channel 713 on Tuner A and channel 778 on Tuner B, if i changed Tuner B's channel from 778 to, say, 704, then when i hit the tuner swap button, i'd get some weird previous channel, like 778 instead of 713.

i want to distinguish between "tuner swap" function and "previous channel" channel. i programmed the two on different buttons on my Logitech remote and it was working perfectly prior to the software update.

may i ask if anyone knows what's going on with this new software? thx in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have the 8300HD and the new software is terrible.

In order to keep the channel you have on the other tuner, you have to bring it on in "picture-in-picture" mode, then you can change the channel on the main tuner without losing the secondary tuner's channel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts