AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if TWC NYC offers an HD cable card instead of the SA cable box?

I just ordered a Sharp LCD with a card slot that I'd love to use.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes they do. I checked into it a few months ago. You'll end up having to contact a gentleman by the name of Yoghwati Ramnarain at 212-598-7312. His email is [email protected] . Because of price/rebate on a non-cablecard Sharp lcd, I ended up not going with the cablecard and just put in an additional box. Good luck.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
These two posts ( sequentially ) suggest some were getting cards this summer. Searching the NYC TWC thread for 'cablecards' reveals similar posts. Seems to be mixed results with the cards in many U.S. locations.

FredB's measurement of 1600-line resolution from HDNet on a California TWC system seems better than the

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrman
Yes they do. I checked into it a few months ago. You'll end up having to contact a gentleman by the name of Yoghwati Ramnarain at 212-598-7312. His email is [email protected] . Because of price/rebate on a non-cablecard Sharp lcd, I ended up not going with the cablecard and just put in an additional box. Good luck.

I called this morning and got the same info. I left Yoghwati (who I believe is a female) a voicemail this morning. If I don't hear from her soon I will call back, and then report back to AVS Forum.

David

·
Registered
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschamis
I called this morning and got the same info. I left Yoghwati (who I believe is a female) a voicemail this morning. If I don't hear from her soon I will call back, and then report back to AVS Forum.

David
Ooops! All my contact was via email with the exception of the TW rep who initially said Mr. Ramnarain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.