AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 6 months of waiting I will receive my hdtv stb from the cable company in a few weeks. Does anyone know what type of output these boxes have? My projector will only accpet RGBHV and if it has component outputs I will need to buy a convertor (key digital). I would like to get it now (if needed) so I will have everything ready when the box finally arrives. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
In NYC they use the SA2000HD and (rolling out slowly apparently) the 3100.

The 2000 comes set for component out HOWEVER it also has an H and V jacks and an internal jumper you can switch to get RGBHV output.

TM

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I gave up on TWC when I moved. The SA2000HD box got too hot and would reboot a lot of times.

That said, the SA2000HD box outputs were component and RGBVH. If you look there are some threads about the internal jumpers that need to be set for RGBHV output. TWC should set the box for you before you pick it up.

I don't know if they have the new 3100HD's here yet, but I think someone said they were only component.

·
Registered
474 Posts
They should be deploying S/A 3100 HD boxes. It does component, Svideo, and rf output - no RBGHV. You can get a converter, but TWC may be able to supply one. (Emphasis on may).

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info. I called twc today and as usual everyone I spoke with (I called 3 times to talk to different people) knew nothing about anything. They had no idea of outputs, model number, supplied accesories, etc.. I guess I'll have to wait and see, hopefully I'll get the 3100.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I imagine TWC in Raleigh/Durham is doing what most other Division's have done. Because HD is such a technical subject, and the customers are usually highly informed (look how much time we spend here on this forum learning new stuff), they try to limit the people allowed to discuss HD to one or two subject matter experts, and tell other phone personnel to forward those calls to them.

It doesn't always work as well as it might.

·
Registered
73 Posts
FS123,

After my post I caled TWC ad they told me they were still deploying the SA2000HD. I asked when they were going to start using the 3100 and they didn't have an idea.

Jeremiah

Durham

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up my hd box today and it was a 3100hd. It has component output so I will have to get a transcoder. From just normal digital cable viewing it seems to have a better picture than the previous box I had. It's also alot faster bringing up the menu's and scrolling than before which is also a plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.