AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere (please direct me). Does anyone know what new channels will be offered in the future on Time-Warner Cable? I am particularly interested in new HD content.

There is a lot of discussion about DirecTV's MPEG4 conversion and HD lineup; I am hoping that TWC will be responding to this somehow.

·
Registered
27,538 Posts
TWC has a dismal record of adding new available HD channels such as UHD, Cinemax-HD and Starz-HD. These have been available for up to 2 years now. No excuse for it.

I haven't seen anything on these boards that would indicate any of these channels are coming. Perhaps this thread will knock some knowledge loose...

·
Registered
597 Posts
twc sucks im calling today to cancel cmax and stars, and just keep hbo and sho. Im gonna make it a point to tell them, as well as write a email or 2, that the only reason im canceling them is because they're not in HD. Im sure thats not going to change any policies, but i honestly dont watch them since they aren't in HD, especially since i have a dvr and can record hbo HD and shoHD movies, i have more then enough HD movies saved that i dont need to burn my eyes watching cmax or starz. It sad when you read other threads listing all the HD channels other providers have, TWC is pretty much last.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdothat88
twc sucks im calling today to cancel cmax and stars, and just keep hbo and sho. Im gonna make it a point to tell them, as well as write a email or 2, that the only reason im canceling them is because they're not in HD. Im sure thats not going to change any policies, but i honestly dont watch them since they aren't in HD, especially since i have a dvr and can record hbo HD and shoHD movies, i have more then enough HD movies saved that i dont need to burn my eyes watching cmax or starz.
Ha! I did the EXACT same thing when I cancelled Starz! and TMC, and told the Customer Service Rep the same exact thing. They didn't seem to care much at all. And it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference to TWC, either....not that I expected it to.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_bernstein
Ha! I did the EXACT same thing when I cancelled Starz! and TMC, and told the Customer Service Rep the same exact thing. They didn't seem to care much at all. And it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference to TWC, either....not that I expected it to.

maybe if enough people do it, and send a email, or better yet a letter to some mgmt, they will realise that people are willing to pay for HD chanels.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Quote:
maybe if enough people do it, and send a email, or better yet a letter to some mgmt, they will realise that people are willing to pay for HD chanels.
If only TWC cared even a tiny bit about customer satisfaction....

What really surprises me is that they don't even offer the HD version the premium channel Cinemax, which they OWN! How could they not carry the "best" version of their own premium channel? What kind of an embarrassment for Cinemax must that be, for Cinemax? Like being the illegitimate child of Time Warner, while HBO gets all the attention lavished on it....

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
It's all true.

I have TWC in Western Ohio and I have give them points for reliability and overall customer service, but their HD Tier, if you punch in anyy 4580_ area codes on their sites is downright pathetic, really.

I know they won't be getting ESPN HD 2 on Sept. 8 like DirecTV is, however, it's give and take. If I go D*, I'm looking at dealing with "HD-Lite" so I guess there's just no way to win, really.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
is there any type of emailing campaign, petition, anything?? somebody should let them know that they suck
They won't feel it. It won't touch 'em.

·
Registered
399 Posts
yeah i switched to TWC from Dish over a year ago because in my area they have the most HD cause they offer both inHD and HDNET.....but it's been frustrating watching them not add any new HD in over a year.... i called them and they said, we just added HD MOD , and i laughed, they only have about 5 titles and 4 of them are not movies..... i guess i could get the new Voom pack on Dish, but i'll wait til the new fall tv season starts to see if anything gets added.

another reason i switched to TWC was they offered me a special deal to switch from dish that included a HD DVR and HBO all for $20 cheaper than what i paid on Dish with no HD DVR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.