Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've got a Toshiba 42" CRT RPTV. I think I've disabled SVM by removing the power lead on the main board (the other end connects to the green SVM board) Is this enough to disable SVM?

My set is slightly out of focus with the blue gun on the far left of the screen- the middle and right is fine. If I adjust the lens angle by adding two washers between the lens and bottom plate will this fix the problem? (not sure if I need to tilt the blue to the left or right though)

Adjusted the red, green & blue focus pot, and reconverged in the service menu. Looks 98% spot-on, except for the far left blue (due to the bloomed blue lines) and a little bit I can't get perfect in the bottom-right with the red.

Geometry is very very good. Will adjusting the Green grid (then moving R & B to the new green spot) adjust any slight geometry problems?

I've got AVIA (NSTC) and want to primarly set up with NTSC- don't care about PAL (I'm in Europe) Using a R1 Sony 110V import DVD player with Component.

Also thinking about lining the interior with Duvatyne. I've looked for suppliers in the UK- can't seem to find any. Worthwhile doing this?

Thanks for any help.

John

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.