AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
I find getting a hummer puts me in the right frame of mind.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, so that Mihorn guy basically made metal "Weebles" for components? I fail to see how that would change a thing. I mean, maybe if you set your DVD player on top of your subwoofer or you have issues with minor earthquakes during the evenings or something....

Xtremecables is written in "audiophile", so the product must have limited merit. But, they did use A/B testing and we know just how scientific that can be.

Ok, so exactly HOW did this improve your system outside of the "My wallet is lighter so it MUST sound better" mentality?

But, I defer so some of my more esteemed site members to totally dissect all of the marketing hype :) They do it so much better than I can.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMat
But, I defer so some of my more esteemed site members to totally dissect all of the marketing hype :) They do it so much better than I can.
You can't logically argue with raving madmen. It's pointless. Most of these products are absolutely absurd.

I have to agree with Chu Gai, everything seems better after a hummer and a hummer is a lot cheaper than most of these products.

Jon

p.s. I bet the poster is somehow associated with the website he references.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviman33
You can't logically argue with raving madmen. It's pointless. Most of these products are absolutely absurd.

I have to agree with Chu Gai, everything seems better after a hummer and a hummer is a lot cheaper than most of these products.

Jon

p.s. I bet the poster is somehow associated with the website he references.
No, I'm not connected to these companies in any way. Here's another product that is really good.... IsoClean Audio Grade Fuses from www.aaudioimports.com [URL='http://www.audioasylum.com/a...oasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/114738.html Here's a review on the QuickSilver contact enhancer.... http: http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?...63633&review=1 Here's more on the Dakiom feedback stabilizers..... http://hometheatertalk.com/httalk/viewtopic.php?t=12079 Here's a review on the Mi-Rollers.... http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin.../mirollers.htm

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, I just had a thought...

You know those magic rocks you can put on your CD player to make the laser more efficient or "3-D" or whatever the buzzword is now....well, if you put some of the Mi-rockers under the rocks? Would it make a "ginormous" improvement or would the metal balls cancel out the magic rocks and totally kill my noise floor and ruin my soundstage?

No, what if you put Mi-Rollers under the rocks and THEN put Mi-Rollers under the CD player then what would happen? My goodness, the physics behind it all is just staggering.

But, but, but...what if I put contact enhancer on the Mi-Rollers.

Ouch, brain freeze

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Snakeoil

But my favorite has to be the ISO Clean fuses. They even put a little arrow on them because you are suppose to point them in the direction the power flows. Only problem with that is your equipment is AC powered. That means the power is reversing directions 60 times a second (in the US) so the fuse is always "backwards" half of the time.

I wonder what ISO Clean says about that?

But I am sure they will not let sound electronic theory get in the way of their pseudoscience

·
Registered
109 Posts
No no, they are not backwards half of the time, they are "180 degrees out of phase" which will enhance the overall sonic resonance of the low band frequencies as well as create a nominal force sine curve against the current which will balance the overall electron flow which of course increases the tonal aspects of the wavelengths. And, we ALL know this opens the soundstage.

Sheesh, 11001011, didn't you learn anything on AVS? ;)

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a JVC AV-32F475 TV and I put a little QuickSilver on all the solder joints inside of my TV. I also replaced the fuse with a IsoClean fuse with QuickSilver on it, this improved my picture a lot! My colors look brighter and the blacks look darker, the picture is a lot cleaner and the resolution looks a little better too

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Cup
I have a JVC AV-32F475 TV and I put a little QuickSilver on all the solder joints inside of my TV. I also replaced the fuse with a IsoClean fuse with QuickSilver on it, this improved my picture a lot! My colors look brighter and the blacks look darker, the picture is a lot cleaner and the resolution looks a little better too
And then the drugs started wearing off. :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is this really happening?

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Gee, why stop there? Put it on all the solder joints of your motherboard and video card too. Citing those websites is about as compelling as going to an Astrolger's Convention and asking if astrology works.

For an interesting tweak, have a read here.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Quote:
You have go to be kidding. Putting anything on top of a solder joint does nothing. The electrical connection is not on the outside surface. Besides I really find it hard to believe you put this stuff on every solder joint inside a TV, there has to be thousands of solder joints. Plus unless you removed every PC board and used a microscope there is no way you could put anything conductive on the pins of surface mount components (like a video processor) without shorting every single pin together.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
He was probably wearing a Pavane amber stone bracelet when he did it, which of course enables solder to flow onto SMT devices with no risk of shorts.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Tin_Cup,

The tweaks you mention only treat the symtoms, you need a tweak to correct the problem. My I suggest you go here, and for for only $20, get resolutions to not only your A/V problems, but may others.

http://www.myholistichealthshop.com/hat.html

Jon

p.s. Dont wear that Pavane Amber Stone bracelett with this hat, god only knows what would happen when you mix energy.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11001011
You have go to be kidding. Putting anything on top of a solder joint does nothing. The electrical connection is not on the outside surface. Besides I really find it hard to believe you put this stuff on every solder joint inside a TV, there has to be thousands of solder joints. Plus unless you removed every PC board and used a microscope there is no way you could put anything conductive on the pins of surface mount components (like a video processor) without shorting every single pin together.
Yes, I really put this QuickSilver stuff on most of the solder joints inside my Tv, some of the solder joints that couldn't get to, I was able to get on the other side of the board by putting it on the part. Not only my Tv but all my audio/video gear, it takes a long time to do this but I really like what I'm seeing and hearing now! This stuff really does work and keeps getting better as the months goes by!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I really put this QuickSilver stuff on most of the solder joints inside my Tv, some of the solder joints that couldn't get to, I was able to get on the other side of the board by putting it on the part. Not only my Tv but all my audio/video gear, it takes a long time to do this but I really like what I'm seeing and hearing now!
Most? If you miss one then does that not negate any benefit doing the rest could have? A system is only as good as the worst componet. Would this not hold true for your solder joint stuff?
Quote:
This stuff really does work and keeps getting better as the months goes by!
Ever thought that could be because adding that stuff actually made it worse and now that its beginning to deteriorate your system is returning to normal?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.