AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took the tweeter covers off my tweeters. I was looking at one of them today and it looks like it has some scratches/grooves in it. Dunno if it was one of my friends in spite of me telling them not to touch the tweeters or if it was something I did accidentally (even though I remember looking at the tweeter closely after removing the cover and seeing no damage whatsoever) but it has some grooves in it now. Do you think this will affect the sound quality at all? I hadn't noticed any change in sound but lately my listening has not been very optimal due to distractions and so so room quality. Anyway I'll probably cover em back up if this is what happened in just a couple of months but I'm just wondering if there's anything I should do.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
looks like you accidentally did that trying to remove the cover ,if you don't heard a change then no worries.

Reactions: Overtone

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a very soft metal...I believe Focal says that due to its softness, it might actually return to its original form over time when dented, so I'd leave it alone and enjoy the system...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts