AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I have a problem with my tweeters or amp i guess?

When i play songs like "Freaks - Timmy Trumpet" i get a strange noise from my speakers.
I have tried connecting different speakers, but i always get the same result.

It only happens when i use "spotify extreme download" -ed files, when i use ex youtube, it does not happen.
I have tried to set the change the different settings that affects the dynamic range, adaptive drc and eq, on both my amp and my phone, to no use.

My setup/settings:
Amp - Yamaha RX-V767.
Phone - Sony Z3.
Speakers - Eltax Linear Response 10.5, Dali Lektor 2, Cerwin Vega Xls215.
Wire - 4 mm2 99,999% OFC cable.
Bluetooth reciever - Audioengine B1 with optic cable connection. (same thing happens with regular RCA connection).
Adaptive drc - off.
Adaptive dsp level - off.
Dynamic range - max.
Eq on amp - through.
Eq on phone - off.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
If you do not get the noise then it may be the source material. Or a myriad of other things. Can you describe the sound? Does it change with volume?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you do not get the noise then it may be the source material. Or a myriad of other things. Can you describe the sound? Does it change with volume?
I also get a "Static" type sound from Spotify on occasion........Makes it unlistenable IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i get the noise no matter the volume settings. But it intensifies when i turn the volume up.
I just think it is weird because, it is only 1 in 30 songs i have, where i get that noise.
I have canceled out static from poweroutlet by having a seperate poweroutlet for the amp.

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
If you get the noise no matter the volume it's probably in the source, not the amp nor the tweeter.

Static/dropouts with Spotify sounds like a network/data link problem, something outside my area of expertise, but again would not be the speaker nor the amp (unless the "amp" includes the network adapter and has some sort of problem on its end, but whenever I have had similar problems it's been a dropout from my Internet source, router, wirelss network, or whatever).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts