AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I have high school daughters and a wife who likes these films...

Terrible film but a gorgeous soundtrack. Almost as good as it gets in terms of detail, surround effects and ambiance and a few powerful bass harmonics. A treat of a soundtrack. Certainly not overdone but a perfect fit for the film. The many scenes in the forrest are masterpiece like in conveying reality. Really, really satisfying if you have a well set up, capable system.

Picture also very good with gorgeous long pans and beautiful cinematography. Eboullient colors and precise detail abounds. A vivid video presentatiion with rich black levels and great dynamic range. A bit too much grain in close ups and a lot of make up can be easily seen.

But the soundtrack, though not big time as some, is one of very best I've heard in s long while.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Even my own wife has given up on buying these movies after the first one, but a tiny part of me is curious to see what this one looks like; curiosity meet cat.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B
Even my own wife has given up on buying these movies after the first one, but a tiny part of me is curious to see what this one looks like; curiosity meet cat.
I thought curiosity killed the cat...and never more true than with Eclipse!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I walked in the room while my wife was watching this, and the acting and dialogue were so bad that I wanted to rip my eyeballs out and use them as earplugs.

Now and then, good audio/picture quality just isn't enough of an enticement.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
The first hour is really bad. I know she is playing a role but I just don't care for Ms. Stewart in this series at all.

Good PQ and AQ on the BD cannot save this movie!

BTW, chick versus chick I'd take the hotties in Vampire Dairies any day!

·
Registered
570 Posts
^^

LOL--so maybe I'm not the only guy who watches Vampire Diaries.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Watched this with my wife and found myself cringing a lot. Pretty painful in some parts and the makeup looks ridiculous in many scenes (I suspect on DVD this is much less noticeable).

And, really? These are supposed to be high school kids? The main vampire (Edward) looks like he is closer to 30 than he is 20.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
As I had previously stated since the first movie was released, it was some of the worst directing that I have seen, and the author did not understand the script. There was laughing and snude comments throughout.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hard to believe that this abysmal thing was from the director of HARD CANDY, a movie I loved. But I have new watermarks now...any female I meet who enjoys these films can be no friend of mine...ever!

·
Registered
570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 /forum/post/19610721

Hard to believe that this abysmal thing was from the director of HARD CANDY, a movie I loved. But I have new watermarks now...any female I meet who enjoys these films can be no friend of mine...ever!

Of course a lot of the credit there has to go to Ellen Page.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 /forum/post/19610721

He also made 30 days of night, one of the best vampire movies of the last 15 years

·
Registered
758 Posts
I couldn't find an official review of this movie, but I did buy the disc and was wondering what AVS thought. I am kind of a fan of the books, they sucked me in but they are also very flawed in some ways- just like the movies. I guess I overlook a lot of the faults in the movies because I like the setting. Yes, the dialog is horrible- it is a little better in the books.

I have 2 and 3 on BD and I think the PQ is pretty awesome. I love the color pallettes and the music/score. The actual plot of the movie? Well, that's the weak point. FWIW I am 28 so being younger I probably enjoy them a little more than some others.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkest /forum/post/19625479

I couldn't find an official review of this movie, but I did buy the disc and was wondering what AVS thought. I am kind of a fan of the books, they sucked me in but they are also very flawed in some ways- just like the movies. I guess I overlook a lot of the faults in the movies because I like the setting. Yes, the dialog is horrible- it is a little better in the books.

I have 2 and 3 on BD and I think the PQ is pretty awesome. I love the color pallettes and the music/score. The actual plot of the movie? Well, that's the weak point. FWIW I am 28 so being younger I probably enjoy them a little more than some others.

Intangible, sparse, incongruous, complex, unappreciated.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Embry Call: Glad you're here Bella, maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue.

Paul: I wish Bella would call!

Jared: I wish Bella wouldn't call!

Embry Call: Maybe I should call Bella!

Quil Ateara: Maybe I should call Bella and hang up!

Jacob Black: [laughs] Alright, you can shut up now.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Saw it this weekend, and Eclipse is nearly on par with the first film (which is mostly a guilty-pleasure). The middle installment is pure garbage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts