AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

LATEST NEWS (3/22/14):

The pre-order page for Twin Peaks – L’intégrale (two seasons and the movie on Region 2 with original and French audio) is now up on Amazon France with a June 11 2014 release.

Pre-order now!

Like Laura Palmer’s double life, it’s no secret to us that Twin Peaks is coming to Blu-ray. Since 2011, co-creator Mark Frost has repeatedly confirmed that a Blu-ray release was in progress, hinting several times at the possible inclusion of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and its deleted scenes. Recently, Bill Hunt from The Digital Bits said that multiple sources have indeed confirmed that the imminent Twin Peaks Blu-ray will not just include the complete series but the prequel movie as well.

UPDATE: This article has been refreshed with recent information provided to Welcome to Twin Peaks by John Berge of Videomagasinet. More details in the “UPDATES” below and this is still unconfirmed by the main distributor, but in short: potential March 26, 2014 release of Twin Peaks – The Entire Mystery with deleted scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me on 9 Blu-ray discs!

UPDATE #2: David Lynch himself has now confirmed the upcoming Twin Peaks Blu-ray release and we have it on video!

USA customers will need to wait a little longer for:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr  /t/1523880/twin-peaks/0_50#post_24520427

Cool. What is Bly-Ray?

I give up... what is Bly-Ray?

·
Registered
7,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18  /t/1523880/twin-peaks#post_24520664

I give up... what is Bly-Ray?
White Queen, Black Lodge, Bly-Ray.....I see it know.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I was looking for something to watch last night and cracked-open my Twin Peaks "Gold Edition" DVD box set last night (I've never touched it since I bought it) and was somewhat horrified to see the fogged condition of two of the (nine?) discs, including Disc 1 for the Pilot episode. Regardless the pilot showed perfectly all-the-way thru and is apparently OK, though I will copy both of the ugly discs for posterity.

I remember being fascinated by TP when it first aired, though I couldn't get my SO interested so lost track of the story quickly and never saw how/if it ended. Anyway the quality of the presentation on DVD for at least this pilot episode was such that I'm not sure I'll have any interest in a BD edition should it ever appear here.

Presumably there has been no "magic" applied to the episodes e.g. the French BD is still the original 4:3 framing?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1523880/twin-peaks#post_24528918

OK, now where is my Mulholland Drive?

Maybe you could ask the Log Lady? Her log might've heard or seen something.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1523880/twin-peaks#post_24528918

OK, now where is my Mulholland Drive?
Return to product information

David Lynch Collection: Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire [Blu-ray] (Region Free)

if you like all the movies check this out on Amazon or other sites on the web. I bought this set last year.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1523880/twin-peaks/0_60#post_24530219

Return to product information

David Lynch Collection: Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire [Blu-ray] (Region Free)

if you like all the movies check this out on Amazon or other sites on the web. I bought this set last year.
AV quality?

·
Registered
7,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1523880/twin-peaks#post_24530785

AV quality?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/David-Lynch-Box-Blu-ray/20724/

These reviews seem to be informative, they also compare it to the French and UK releases and there are links to those reviews.. The guy who did these reviews seems to know what he's talking about without being nit picky. Read and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what does that have to do with Twin Peaks...

·
Registered
3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1523880/twin-peaks#post_24530785

AV quality?

i bought the same three disc collection (region 0 German) recently, as well as Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me.

The quality is very good. Lost Highway never looked better. Mulholland Drive is a little soft but thats how it always looked, and Inland Empire is fine (it was shot on DV video so it's hard to critique). Fire Walk With Me looks great, but the only "problem" is that there are no english subtitles during the loud bar scene towards the end. The scene works ok without them, especially if you have seen it before, but it's a potential drawback for some.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Great news as this was my favorite show back in the 90's. I'd love to revisit it and the movie in full 1080p!

·
Registered
4,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1523880/twin-peaks#post_24539595

Still some info here http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-blu-ray/
Cool link, thanks. I realized though that I have to be very careful surfing on this subject, since I never made it to the end of the series! So I don't know anything about how it ends, nor do I remember any plot details after all these years.

I must say that in watching the pilot episode the other night, it sucked me right-in--now I need to find the time to watch the rest of the series, and copy those two discs that appear to be failing...

·
Registered
27,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan  /t/1523880/twin-peaks#post_24540227

Cool link, thanks. I realized though that I have to be very careful surfing on this subject, since I never made it to the end of the series! So I don't know anything about how it ends, nor do I remember any plot details after all these years.

How far did you get?

·
Registered
27,231 Posts
I'm going to tread lightly here, but the solution to the primary mystery is resolved halfway through Season 2, after which the show meanders for a while before finding a new storyline in the last few episodes.

Avoiding spoilers for the actual finale episode is less critical than avoiding spoilers for the first half of Season 2.

Whatever you do, watch the prequel movie Fire Walk With Me last. Even though it takes place chronologically before the start of the series, it was made with the assumption that you've seen the whole series and freely divulges the identity of Laura Palmer's killer.

Reactions: |Tch0rT|
1 - 20 of 68 Posts