AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heh sorry about that subject but i'm sure it attracted your attention. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what the hell is happening on my tv. I own a Panasonic TH-42pa20ou/p. I also have a sony dvd player DVPNS725P, MONSTER HTS2600 POWER CENTER, and use monster component cables. Now my prob is that i noticed the other day while watching the SPIDERMAN dvd, I think it was chapter 4, the screen started to flicker these lights. To be exact it was when Norman Osborne went into the plan to test the muscle enhancing formula. Right when that chapter starts they have a shot of the OSCORP building logo and other buildings around. The lights in the OSCORP sign were getting brighter and duller and even the lights in the windows on the buildings. I so i tried pausing it when it was doing that to see if it was the dvd player, my tv with interference, etc..... when i paused it obviously paused the picture but along with it the effect i was talking about. I could even run it in slow motion. Funny thing is maybe the third time in a row trying to see it ....it would suddenly stop. What the hell is going on???? Is it the SPIDERMAN dvd???? Is it my DVD player???? HELP!!!! Any of you experiencing this with the same tv and/or the same DVD player???? Any info will be appreciated.

Alex:D :D

Also that effect was happening with the SIGNS dvd.....but worse since its alot of dark shots with some ambient light. I also orderen the Digital Video essentials DVD. I hope that will solve it if anything!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It sounds a little like the Macrovision effect. Almost like the TV is adjusting the picture automatically. The Macrovision thing is supposed to effect VCRs to force picture adjustment. I think luminance? This could be the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.