AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why isn't DirecTV showing this game in HD? The game is being broadcast in HD by FoxSports North , and Fox Sports North is one of the FoxSPortsNet stations contracted with DirecTV to bring HD MLB.

YOu can check out the schedule at:

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD

Speculation reason is a mistake by DirecTV, or a decision to omit due to bandwidth restrictions? (Which I don't see with the amount of NFL games it can carry at one time in HD).

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
They have yet to carry more than two HD baseball games on any night. For once, the Twins and Mariners aren't selected.

Football's a different story, and you know it.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I am not sure that they have ever shown more that 2 games the same night, you are probably that is probably the problem. Either that or D* is trying to help me keep my blood pressure down. The Twins offense reminds me of my college days: I rarely scored either.

Twins-Mariners tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone verify that DirecTV has not carried two HD games on any night? Seems I recall more than one game being shown at a time.

And what does that say about tomorrow night: Phiillies at Dodgers or Twins at Seattle?

Could anyone in Minnesota verify if FoxSportsNorth is indeed showing the game in HD?

(MnGuy?)

And, although no one may know for sure, is it a bandwidth limitation the reason the game is not being shown?

To my knowledge the Twins at Seattle has only been shown in HD once so I don't get the "for once" comment.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg
Anyone verify that DirecTV has not carried two HD games on any night? Seems I recall more than one game being shown at a time.

And what does that say about tomorrow night: Phiillies at Dodgers or Twins at Seattle?

Could anyone in Minnesota verify if FoxSportsNorth is indeed showing the game in HD?

(MnGuy?)

And, although no one may know for sure, is it a bandwidth limitation the reason the game is not being shown?

To my knowledge the Twins at Seattle has only been shown in HD once so I don't get the "for once" comment.
For tomorrow, my TiVo guide shows Twins/Mariners.

FSN is showing this game in HD as far as I know. Yesterday's game was available on cable and not on D*. I can't verify tonight's game, but the whole series was supposed to be in HD on FSN. There were two games tonight: Yankees/Sox on 94 and Dogers/Phillies on 95. I honestly can't remember if more than 2 games have beem shown on any night.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg
:confused: They carry two or fewer.
http://www.directvsports.com/Package...ule/2005_7.htm

Quote:
TiVo guide says MN/SEA tomorrow.

Quote:
It's the odds-on favorite reason.

Quote:
I just meant that both the Twins and the Mariners have had a large proportion of their HD games carried by DirecTV. This one game isn't being carried. I'm curious why this one is so important to you.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbb1226
:confused: They carry two or fewer.
http://www.directvsports.com/Package...ule/2005_7.htm

TiVo guide says MN/SEA tomorrow.

It's the odds-on favorite reason.

I just meant that both the Twins and the Mariners have had a large proportion of their HD games carried by DirecTV. This one game isn't being carried. I'm curious why this one is so important to you.
Twins are my favorite team as Sioux Falls is home town. I was looking forward to the game in HD while at work today. And it's a good game, no score in the sixth inning.

Thanks for the scheduling info for tomorrow night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.