AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is putting two amplifiers in parallel a common practice when more power is needed? I mean, of course you could just buy a more powerful amplifier to satisfy power needs; but I'm just wondering if it's possible to take two 100W amplifiers and hook the speaker to the outputs of both in order to acheive 200W. This has probably been covered a few times but the search wasn't helping. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Is putting two amplifiers in parallel a common practice

This is not common.

It can be done with identical amp channels and you need to level match the signals.

It's just easier and safer to upgrade to a more powerful amp.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Sure, Wiley E. Coyote does this king of thing all the time, and we all know how well his schemes work out!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade8200 /forum/post/0

Is putting two amplifiers in parallel a common practice when more power is needed? I mean, of course you could just buy a more powerful amplifier to satisfy power needs; but I'm just wondering if it's possible to take two 100W amplifiers and hook the speaker to the outputs of both in order to acheive 200W. This has probably been covered a few times but the search wasn't helping. Thanks.

You can not do that all you will do is damage the amps and throw your money away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.