AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, baseball season is upon us :) and I've subscribed to Time Warner's extra innings to get just about every baseball game. Right now I have a split screen setup using the digital cable box for one side and my ReplayTV for the other. The only problem is that the ReplayTV can't tune the upper channels. I was thinking of getting a second cable box but am unsure on how I would control it since it uses the same remote codes. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

BTW, I am using a pronto 3000.

Thanks,

Jason

· Registered
188 Posts
Go to your friendly neighborhood custom installer that carries Niles IR redistribution equipment (Xantech probably has something similar, but I don't have any experience with their equipment) and ask for one of their leftover "shields" from installing an IRC-2 emitter. These are large black plastic squares with sticky backs that fit over the emitter head and shield the component's IR receiver from stray commands. They come in every box, and my installer never uses them.

Use the ReplayTV's emitter covered by the shield to control cable box A, and use the cable company remote to control cable box B.

Which digital cable box are they supplying you? If it's a General Instrument/Motorola DCT-2xxx, there's an updated ReplayTV code selection to fix 3-digit tuning problems.

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got a few things to try this weekend :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.