AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some would like to see a quick "before and after" on a couple of budget ideas we have been kicking the tires on lately. Please don't assume either of these will be available any time soon. They may not even make it to production. This is more of a glimpse on what the "first round of outside DSP work looks like".

* One is a dual 12 inch sealed, this would use our in house ICE amp but the cabinet and woofers would come from china.

* Two is a single 18 inch vented(lower tuning). This would be fully built in china using a 500 watt DSP enabled amplifier platform.

I think it's somewhat intuitive what the starting point is, and then the changes as I try one thing at a time, then the final(for the first outside checks) curve. If we move forward fine tuning will get both prettied-up nicely.

Tom V.
Team Power.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It occurred to me that at casual glance, the native FR on the ported 18 looks pretty bad. Well, it is..:) The 18 inch test woofer used for this proto type isn't remotely close to the quality of 18 inch woofers we source from B&C. I MAY step up to something more similar to the B&C before production but the reality is....costing goes way up too. As it sits, this would be a low tuned, DSP enabled, vented 18 inch subwoofer that would include a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty AND be assembled here in Ohio. Price, including shipping, would be in the $775 range.

Again, will I ever have time to get this to production? Hard to say. Almost certainly not shipping in 2020 though. I just have too many designs in front of it I need to finish and get to production. I think I have 7 cabinets due in from china soon for final approval(and this one isn't included).

So, anyway, this 18 isn't going to be B&C quality. But few are ;)

Tom V.
Team Power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts