AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of alon lotus signatures which I am incorporating into my HT being powered by rogue M-120 monoblocks. I have a 15ft pair of alon black orpheus triwire cables now but will be moving and the speaker farthest from my amplifier will need a 25ft cable. I would hate to have to buy a whole new pair of cables. Would using one 15ft length and one 25ft length throw off the load, soundstage and imaging between the two speakers?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I ran into a simular situation, using a 8ft & 15ft speaker run off my amp and did not affect my imaging or anything else. Save your $$$ Dude.

·
Registered
888 Posts
fazoid is right, the different lengths won't make a discrenable effect. If you do the math, considering that the electricity in the cable moves at a substantial fraction of the speed of light, which is itself on the order of 10,000 times faster than the speed of sound you can see that the signal makes it from one end of the wire to the other before the soundwave has even moved a millimeter from your speakers. For all practical purposes, different lengths of speaker will make no difference.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If one was really longer than the other you might see a difference in resistance, but unless your using really thin cables and have a major length mis match then I doubt it would matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.