AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 1/2 way finished my new basement media room. The drywall is up but not the ceiling. There is time to lay more cable if required.

My room will have two displays. A rear projection television for daytime / video game / kid use; and a Panasonic AE700 front projector for movies at night. Being older, the rear projection only accepts composite & SVideo input which I am fine with. For the projector I was hoping to have a component feed only. Cabling to the projector is 1 component cable and 1 SVideo cable. My input devices are two DVD players (one upconverts for the projector), a cable box, VHS, and a satellite receiver.

Here my question:

I want my wife and kids to be able to easily watch both displays. Ideally I could get a receiver that would simultaneously output to both a composite and a component cable. That way my family could just turn on the TV of their choice and select an input. I want to make things as simple as possible for the family.

I have been looking at the Yamaha and Pioneer receivers that upconvert (re: trans-convert (480i to component 480i)) but am not sure if they will output to both cables at once. I have requested info from both Yamaha and Pioneer. Pioneer has not got back to me and Yamaha says they are not sure. Can anyone shed some light on one of these receivers?????

OR Can anyone suggest an alternate method. I thought of maybe feeding all of the devices to a receiver and then put a video switcher on the composite output to switch between the displays. This would mean I would have to have my second DVD player (the upconverter) have a direct component line to the projector. Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance

Andyman

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.