AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some help. I'm trying to set up a HK 347 to the AB 4000. The wiring was done professionally and we have everything plugged in ok. Our problem is setting it up. Basically my friend has 4 rooms wired up with two speaker each in them. When we power on the receiver only one speaker works in each of the other rooms.

We don't know how to assign zones or adjust the balance in each of the zone (4 rooms).

We've both read the manuals and are coming up blank. We think because we can't set up the zones that we can't fiddle with the control features.

Does anyone have a easy way to setting up zones so we can get his receiver pumping out correctly to each of his zone? We have no video or anything hooked in. Just the AB 4000 and the wireing from the zones.

Thanks....

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Did you miss this?

If you wish to use the AVR 347 with more than one remote room,
you will need to purchase a multichannel external amplifier that enables

you to connect several pairs of loudspeakers,or use an A-BUS hub.

However,the AVR 347 only outputs one remote zone,meaning that only

one signal is sent through the multiroom system.All remote rooms will

hear the same source,even when a multichannel amplifier or A-BUShub is used.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. No we have the AB 4000 hub wired up properly. Our problem is it pumps out music from the tuner. But we only hear one speaker running. The problem occcurs in all the rooms that were professionally installed. I think the problem is in the setup on receiver. We've tried everything.

We can hear FM, just only out of 1 speaker in all the wired rooms.

Still stuck trying to figure out if we need to program the source into individual zones or something like that.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
it's not wired correctly. You can only have one set of speakers out in multiroom. To have 4, you need to add a muti channel amp to your setup. Otherwise this is the solution you are using:

Buy an A-BUS in-wall amplified module,such as the Harman Kardon

AB 1 or AB 2,and connect it to the A-BUS port for use with a single

pair of remote speakers.If you purchase an A-BUS hub,such as the

Harman Kardon ABH 4 or ABH 4000,you may connect up to four

in-wall modules to each hub,or you may cascade hubs to create a

whole-house audio distribution system that delivers audio to almost

every room in your home.A-BUS offers the benefits of simplicity,

Good luck!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the reply. The thing is we have the A-Bus hooked up. It's the AB 4000 A Bus system. All the rooms are wired up correctly with the modules in each room (friend had it professionally done).

Our problem is we can't adjust the speakers in the 4 rooms (Zones). We can fully hear one speaker and the other speaker is on but it's just a whisper. It's the same in all 4 rooms.

We've gone through the setup several times. We've tried adjusting it via the OSD screen with no luck. We know we have the HK receiver set for MULTI and not Main. We just can't figure out how to adjust the balance on the speakers.

Sadly my buddy and I are both near 40 with not much hair left to pull out. If anyone's got some advice. We're all ears.

Thanks....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts