AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here figured out what you are going to do with your PJ when you have two DVI capable sources to deal with? With Bravo's new D1, which has DVI out, and many of the new HD recivers going with DVI out how are you planning on getting the most from both components? Also, let's not forget about the new crop of DVI-enabled DVD players and HD receivers also supporting HDCP, so it's not like you can just go component on one and get 720P or 1080i.

Thoughts? I was thinking that you might need a remote enabled DVI A/B switcher, but I seriously doubt that product exists.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The DWIN has two :)

Seriously I am sure switchers already here and on the way to provide this function. I think extron has something in the works.

Greg

·
Registered
399 Posts
Actually the 4x1 Gefen in your link is HDCP compliant, but at $849 it might be worth waiting for something else.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$850?!?!? While it is technically viable, I do not see many HT enthusiasts paying that for what amounts to an A/B switch. Plus, most HT folks will want something that responds to IR/RF commands rather than walking to our equipment closet each time we want to switch sources.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.