AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in a different forum about controlling the two TV's with remotes, but I also want to make sure the cable concerns are taken care of.

The basic story is, I have a friend who wants to put two 37" LCD HDTV's in the room where his pool table is. He wants the TV's hanging on the wall, but cannot have the Comcast HD-DVR's in the same area. He has a laundry room next to this room where he could place the DVR's on a shelf or something, but he is concerned about the cables to the TV. I said that he may be able to run a DVI cable to one of the TV's since it should be close enough (it is my understanding that the DVI cables are limited in run length to under 30') and for the other TV he can run component cables along with two audio cables for left and right audio.

Am I missing anything? I am also reccomending that he run a coax line to each TV in case he doesn't need to use the Comcast box (non-HD viewing) for better quality. I figure he will also be running wire for an IR repeater system, but that is being covered by the other thread in the remote control section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.