AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
• If you say “SWEEEEET!†when you see and hear the gear at our first meet for 2004 it might be because we’ll be in Sugar Land. It might also be because the equipment is high value gear with high performance and you’re impressed with the way it looks and sounds. Richard Behling has kindly agreed to let us check out his HT Saturday, January 31, 2004, starting at 10 AM. After we put his new Sony 12HT projector and Pioneer DV-563A universal DVD player through their paces, we’ll caravan to near-by Panda Garden restaurant for a Dutch-treat lunch to continue our discussion about HT topics of interest.

While we are not setting a limit on number of attendees for the first meet, we are requesting that you either email or PM your RSVP to me with the number of folks you are bringing. HT hobbyists from outside the greater Houston area are welcome, too – you’ll just need to let us know you’re coming so we can give you directions. (I’ll be sending directions to Richard’s place only to those who RSVP; we will not be posting them here).

• The second meet is scheduled for Saturday, February 14, 2004 starting at 10 AM. Greg Panagos will be our host for an opportunity to experience a high end “dream system†with Theta electronics, the Linn Unidisk 1.1 CD/DVD Player, Vandersteen speakers all around (including 5s up front) and a Runco projector. Due to limited space, this one will only be for the first ten people who RSVP. (I’ll be sending directions to Greg’s place only to those who RSVP; we will not be posting them here).We are trying to decide whether to have pizza in to allow more time to play with the system, or go to a nearby restaurant for our lunch. More details will be forthcoming later.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The February 14th event is fully booked. (You can still sign up "stand by" in case someone drops out.)

We're going to have a good group attending January 31 as well, but there is still plenty of room for more people to join us. Simply send me a private message or email with the number planning to attend. A few days from now, I'll send you the directions to our meeting location.

I've already heard some of the discs our host plans to use next Saturday as demo material and they sound sensational. Of course, all who attend are welcome to bring their own favorite demo discs as well. Since the system includes a "universal player" it will be interesting to see how wide a range of disc types it can really handle.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello Burke and everyone in the Houston area! I am new to this part of the forum although have made my share of post in other areas. This is great to have these get togethers from time to time as it very educational and a way to get insight on new purchases as well. Afterall, HT and music is a continuous journey. I would like to know how to get aboard the next meet and when it will be taken place. I'll drive to Clear Lake if I have too! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello 1stArmorVet -- Glad to see that you are interested in the Houston HT Meets! Now that you have posted here, you're on the mailing list for future events (actually that will be via AVS Forum private message since I don't have an email address for you). Also, keep an eye out in this section for event news, since we post a notice a couple of weeks in advance of each event. The next one will probably be in late March/April.

To get on board, just RSVP for the event. If it is at an individual's home, we only send directions to those who have responded via PM or email, rather than posting that info publicly. Even if it is at a vendor location, we try to get a head count to let them know how many to expect. Most of the events are open to all comers, although due to space limitations the last event was "first respond, first served". We've had a great time and found the events to be educational, as you'd expect. Hope you can join us for the next one!

·
Registered
270 Posts
THanks so much again Burke for taking out the time to help gather these meets. I am so looking forward to the next one and I am sure it will be educational and a great time as well. I know I have alot more to learn although I have come alonnnng way from the days of the "Aiwa mini system" I once had and thought was awesome..:) Will keep my eyes on this thread for future meets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe you live in Katy, I live in Katy and one other active participant also lives in Katy. We could get together at someone's house if you're interested.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey thanks for responding...I was starting to wonder if we were going to have any sort of meet again soon. I know everyone has a busy schedule however. Lets try to put something together one day for those of us that live near each other..I live near Katy..close enough (Eldridge and Briar Forest) It would be interesting to see/hear someone else's listening room for a change... hopefully we can get a few more responses soon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello guys. I guess I missed the last two local theater meets, unfortunately. I am in the ending stages of my home theater with only display left. I was really looking for a front projector my room but I dont know of any retail stores that have a wide selection of the projectors I want to audition. If you guys know of a good home theater store, please PM me or email me at [email protected] . I want to audition Epson 5700, BenQ, Sim2, Nec HT1100, or Sanyon Projectors or anything that you guys are willing to suggest I will oblige. The room that its going in is 14x12 with lighting control. Please point me in the direction of a good showroom in Houston. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stArmorvet
Lets try to put something together one day for those of us that live near each other..I live near Katy..close enough (Eldridge and Briar Forest) It would be interesting to see/hear someone else's listening room for a change... hopefully we can get a few more responses soon.
Hey. I live at Eldridge and Briar Forest as well. If there are any meets in the future, someone let me know!

Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to see interest in future meets. The next one will be Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 10 AM. This time around, the location will be in the Spring area. I'll be posting more about it in a new thread .

Burke

PS -- Since a lot of folks are in the Katy area, we should probably plan to have one of our 2004 meets out there. The ones we've had in that area the past couple of years have been well attended. Please drop me a line if you'd like to volunteer to be the host.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have sent directions to the site of Saturday’s Houston-area HT Meet (May 15, 2004) to all who have signed up so far. For those of you who have been expressing interest in Houston-area meets but have not yet RSVP'd, it is not too late -- it would be great to see you there. If this isn't the time, then perhaps the next one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.