AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

recently i purchased an old classic arcade machine. it is an x-men 6 player seen below:

basically, the unit has two tube televisions inside it. one is on the bottom inside the cabinet, projected with a mirror to make it appear right beside the other tube television. by doing this, the two units are displayed side by side with no bar separating the screen.

here is where my question is:

i am looking for an option to upgrade this technology as the tubes are beginning to fail. does anyone know of a model specific item that would be a good option? prefer lcd over projection, so i don't have to replace the bulb due to constantly being on location. i also considered buying two lcds, taking off the bezel but i am still left with somewhat of a border. basically, i am trying to eliminate dead by the mirror/tube. i thought back in the day older televisions did split screen from two s-video sources but cannot find a specific model.

help?

cheers

mike

·
Registered
829 Posts
Well it's a bit hard to give info when you don't mention anything about the size of the panel you'd like to use or what sort of connection you'll need.

For example, the Vizio XVT will do PIP with two sources side-by-side, but it has some limitations, like you can only use one of each source at a time (i.e. you can do PIP with HDMI and Composite, but you can't do PIP with Composite 1 and Composite 2). This would work great if you had component and composite in your arcade machine, but I'm guessing you don't...

Your best bet is to look at TVs that fit your price and budget, and go through the user manuals and see what their PIP capabilities are. I can tell you already that this year's Samsung models have crappy PIP, so don't bother looking at them...

If you post some more specifics (like you're looking for an XX" LCD that can do PIP with 2 s-video inputs), you might get some more suggestions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts