AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to get JL audio subs. I want to integrate with MY Klipsch RF-63's. I want dual subs. Should I get the two f112's or two f113's?

I want low end extension and good sound with HT and music.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecutter /forum/post/16943583

I decided to get JL audio subs. I want to integrate with MY Klipsch RF-63's. I want dual subs. Should I get the two f112's or two f113's?

There is no question that you would get not only good sound but great sound with either Fathom pair. If you are after real low end extension, however, I'd look elsewhere. The Fathoms are not really designed for low end extension.

Between the two, obviously the f113 will go a little bit lower than the f112.

Now, two Submersives...

·
Registered
4,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/16943723

There is no question that you would get not only good sound but great sound with either Fathom pair. If you are after real low end extension, however, I'd look elsewhere. The Fathoms are not really designed for low end extension.

Between the two, obviously the f113 will go a little bit lower than the f112.

Now, two Submersives...

Agreed....and you'll be saving some serious cash.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I also think you're better off with Submersives or other subs if extension is a real priority. The Fathom line has great SQ and output overall but it drops off pretty hard below 20hz. The Submersive can many times be flat in-room down to 10hz or below, and it should be capable of more output than the F113 and F112 at all frequencies while also having excellent SQ. Unless you need the smaller size of the Fathom line, I'd go with two Submersives.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The 112 will maintain linearity in the higher freq's a lot better than the 113, while only giving up the tiniest bit of extension. The 113 OTOH gets you both more power and efficiency.

I agree that the 113 is not the best sub to be looking at for extension as priority #1, and I have one. They do look gorgeous, and aren't giganormous, though I still consider the 113 larger than anything any of my friends have ever owned. Not the fit n finish of the JL, but Epiks seem to look pretty nice to me as well, at least from the consumer pics. I have no doubt that the Seaton stuff will kik major butt.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
If your looking for duals that goes low in a small cabinet, the Epik Phoenix will be a good choice. Many users are saying it is very musical. It's also half the price of one new F113!

·
Registered
7,713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecutter /forum/post/16943583

I have owned pairs of both and they are very close in overall performance. I would get the F112's as the slight LF extension advantage is not worth the extra $.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts