AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am working on a new setup and need some advice.  I ultimately am looking for a way to have lossless 5.1 sound in movies/music/games from my PC.  I have a GeForce 560ti that has a mini-HDMI out that can connect to my AVR (Yamaha RX-V375) no problem.  The issue is that I cannot do this when I have both DVI ports active.  Anytime I turn on the second monitor the screens flicker and one will stay off.  I have tried duplicating the 2nd monitor with the AVR 'monitor' and Windows 7 tells me it cannot save the setting.  I also have a Sound Blaster Z audio card but that only supports SPDIF/Optical out which leaves me with 2 channel sound.  Is there any way to make this work?

Ultimately I would want this setup:

VIDEO - DVI --> Computer LCD

VIDEO - DVI --> HDMI Cable --> TV

AUDIO - Mini HDMI --> Receiver

All simultaneously is the difficult part.  Thanks for any help, this is my first post but I have learned a lot from this forum.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Only speaking because you've waited a day and no answer.

Not sure about Nvidia but with most (not all) AMD if you use more than 2 Video outputs then you need an "Active Adapter" between the Vcard and device. I had to get some to run 3 Monitors in surround mode.

Does your mother board have an HDMI you could run to the AVR just for Audio?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts