Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First time poster. I've been sitting on the fence for

about 3 months, mostly lurking on this forum.

I finally decided on the Sanyo Z1 after becoming aware of their current promotion (lasts until 4/30) to include an additional bulb for free. This removes (for me) one of the question marks I had about the Z1 (i.e. bulb life).

I also just found this excellent review of the Z1 in one of my favorite (and well-respected) Web resources, Home Theater Secrets. Here's a link to the review,
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...or-4-2003.html

Besides the usual complaint about Screendoor, the reviewer gives the Z1 a very favorable review.

This validates my decision to go with the Z1 since I will mostly be using it to view DVDs.

Cheers (and thanks to all for helping me make my first FP purchase!).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it does depend on whether or not the retailer orders them from Sanyo during this special period. The rebate form that I saw seemed to apply more to the retailer than the end-user.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey all check out Projector Shopper for their Z1 package deals. Saw these after I ordered the Matinee !HD. But during the 15 day trial and was able to get Studio Experience(Boxlight) to honor the same deal more or less. Welcome to the Z1 gang.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by todd612
where's this rebate? i bought mines about a month ago. hopeful i can still qualify?
I saw the rebate PDF on the ProjectorPeople website early this week but now it's no longer posted. I didn't save the PDF but printed it out.

Here's the basic content (sorry I don't have a scanner available at the moment):
One-to-One Dealer Donus Program
When you purchase a PLV-Z1 16:9 Wide-screen Home Entertainment LCD Projector between March 20, 2003 and April 30, 2003, you will receive a bonus PLV-Z1 LCD projector Lamp Assembly #6103025933.

You may want to contact your dealer to see if they can retroactively apply for this rebate.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.