AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 40G PS3 on the KDS-60A3000 in the playroom. I bought it primarily as a BD player, but the son-in-law and the grandkids have also been having a ball with it (you oughta see three 8-9 year-olds playing Rock Band - it's a hoot).

Anyway, one thing has bothered me, and a search hasn't turned up an answer. There appears to be no way to turn off the SixAxis controllers - when not in use, the LED stays on, which _has_ to drain the battery. What am I missing?

Second question: I've got another PS3 coming (this one an 80G; essentially free for reward points from buy.com). My plan is to replace the 40G in the playroom with the 80G (largely because I'm nervous about the mechanical robustness of the USB hub I have to use with the 40G to support the Nyko IR thingie and the Rock Band instruments). The 40G will move to the bedroom, where I have a KDS-50A3000. This will allow me to play any BD disks I own in either place, and do some of the cool PS3 multimedia and web stuff in the bedroom.

Here's the question: how do I back up _everything_ on the 40G and transfer it to the 80G? There are five user accounts on the 40G (one of them, mine, connected to PSN), with several games played under several of those accounts. Is there some way to do a total transfer using the PS3 UI, or should I be thinking about pulling the hard drives and doing an image copy via a PC?

Thanks for any insight -

- Dennis

·
Registered
702 Posts
Turn Controller Off: To turn the controller off just hit the PS logo in the middle of the controller. From there you can select to shut off that specific controller. You will have to do the same for the rest if there is more than one. It would be nice is they had an auto shut-off feature though.

Backup Utility: I haven't backed up myself, but there is an option in the settings menu from the XMB to do a backup of the content on the PS3.

Settings > Systems Settings > Backup Utility

Depending on how much stuff you have on your hard drive you might be able to save it to a USB memory stick or you might have to hook up an external USB hard drive. The process is fairly straight forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts