AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1) Replay - you've got to give us a way to monitor shows that are being sent/received. Every week or so I go through the dozens of show-sharing requests I've received, send them all out & e-mail people either "show sent" or "unable to contact."

Right now I'm sending some show to some person, which show that might be or who it's going to I have no clue. I haven't gone through the show requests for at least a week or two so this is going back a bit.

I need to delete some stuff to free up room for week 2 of Taken, but I really wish I knew which show I was currently sending so I don't delete it.

#2) People - for the love of Fark make your replay name match your user name on PlanetReplay. During the last mass send out there were at least 3 people who's user name doesn't come close to matching their replay's name. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but since I've already entered these people into my address book the replay just gives me an error message that this ID # has already been entered. It would be nice if it would tell me what name this ID # has been previously with...but I put the burden of this on the people requesting the shows. Either change the name of your replay or change your PlanetReplay login.

#2b) For any network type lawyer butts sniffing around 99% of the stuff I send is from regular over-the-air shows. Unless someone can explain to me why they missed an episode of the Sopranos when it's on 78 times each week I don't much feel like tying up my dsl connection for two or three days to send them the show.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
#1 - totally agree, should be piece of cake to fix.

#2 - totally agree, what are people thinking? :)

#2b - also agree... dunno if they care anymore. Don't hear much about it.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just to clarify my position on sending/receiving hbo shows (somehow seems appropriate to use my 1500th post for this...since most of my posts rarely make sense)

i have no problem sending a single episode of an hbo to someone who just happened to miss that episode (operator error, ir blaster misfire, etc) since said person is a paid hbo subscriber

the people i'm tired of are the ones who request 12 sopranos episodes from me at the same time, or ask for all 10 episodes of band of brothers

last year i had an ir blaster misfire that caused me to record an hour of "men of honor" instead of a sopranos episode...unfortunately i didn't notice this until weeks after the fact...someone was nice enough to send me this show...this is what i believe show sharing is for...not for people who are trying to get around subscribing to hbo

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Hate to keep piping in and saying "I agree", but I agree... I was storing all of Six Feet Under and at least 4 people requested all of them... clearly, they don't have HBO.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
just to clarify my position on sending/receiving hbo shows (somehow seems appropriate to use my 1500th post for this...since most of my posts rarely make sense)
1500 posts! You have way too much time on your hands .

Thanks for the clarification (and the PM).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.