AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a totally newbie question for you guys :D If i get a second receiver for my second TV, do both TV's have to watch the same thing?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have a Dual LNB? Meaning, do you have 2 lines running from the LNB on the dish? (You can not split a DBS signal). Do you have a second receiver? If the answer is YES to both questions, then you can watch 2 different things provided you pay the $4.99 monthly "mirror" fee to DTV. Mirror means you want the same programming duplicated on a second receiver.

If you use the RCA outputs from 1 receiver to another TV, then you will be watching the same thing.

I hope this answered the question..

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i don't have anything right now, i'm getting my stuff soon though :) Getting dual-LNB obviously :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
I ordered DirecTV last week and am renting the equipment from them. I have three rooms, and they claim I can watch three different channels. They made no reference that I would need more than one dish.

So, what gives? Is there such a thing as triple-LNB??

·
Registered
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeNY718
I ordered DirecTV last week and am renting the equipment from them. I have three rooms, and they claim I can watch three different channels. They made no reference that I would need more than one dish.

So, what gives? Is there such a thing as triple-LNB??
In order to do this, you will need at least a 2x4 multiswitch with a dual LNB dish, as well as a separate receiver for each room. The two additional receivers will cost an additional $4.95 each/month to be mirrored to the primary receiver.

Another options would be a 24" elliptical dish, which usually comes with a 4x4 multiswitch. You don't need this dish unless you want HD, NASA, Para Todos, or you want local channels and they're on the 119 sat, which I don't think applies to your location.

Either multiswitch would allow up to four receivers (or two DirecTiVos with dual tuners) to be hooked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.