Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Panny TH-42PX25U/P and I was behind it cleaning today. I noticed two red LEDs on through the ventilation holes in the back of the display. They are on a circuit board and are on when the diaplay is on, off when it is off. They are located on the left side about (when looking at the front) and halfway from top to bottom. Anyone else have these LEDs turned on when your plasma is on?

Thanks,

Cory

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Those are the thought control LEDs. They blink an invisible pattern to enocurage you to believe what "they" want you to believe. :)

Seriously, though, they are probably normally on.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
On some of my shortwave receivers a red LED come on internally to indicate frequency synthesizer lock. My guess is that they're used to perform the same type of function -- to indicated a successful frequency lock of some sort.

·
Read the FAQ!
36,027 Posts
Answer #1: They are an early experiment in "ambilight". Do a search on that word to learn more. [just kidding!]

Answer #2: They are indicators used during factory testing of the electronics of the display during assembly. Example: If the internal cables are correctly connected all the lights should be on when the unit is powered on for testing during final assembly quality control.

--Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys...I figured as much. Just never noticed them until today.

No worries...getting ready for the ALCS Game 7 in HD...

Later,

Cory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.