AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I turned on one Showstopper (upgraded to 80g) and the channel guide was blank. Message indicated that I had to do an initialization process.

I swithecd to may other one and that also lost all information.

One of these had been flakey and froze so badly that I had to to a factory default reset, just last week.

The other one has had no problems at all.

Has anyone else lost the channel guide info last night?

·
Registered
93 Posts
My showstopper lost its channel guide information last week after working fine for nearly a year. I tried forcing a net connect several times from the 243-zones menu, but it keep dropping the connection.

Mikeyboy helpfully pointed out the new ability to reduce the modem speed. Dropping it from 56K to 33.6 did the trick for me - it has been connecting and updating fine since then.

I'm not sure right now where the link is to the modem connection information, but if you search the threads in this forum, you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. It was not the connection that had problems. Both system had lost the entire channel lineup.

One system worked just fine after the I used the factory reset [777zones]. The other required the removal of the plug after the reset.

Now, both seem to be working fine, though I have no idea what caused both recorders to lose all the data at the same time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This happened to me recently in the Houston area; three 4508s lost all guide info at the same time. Turned out that Time Warner Cable and zap2it renamed all the providers for the area and this required setting up the cable provider all over again. That may have happened in your area. Check the name of your cable provider now and see if it is slightly different from before.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I had it happen a few weeks ago. Turned out it was because the access number I'd been using for years went down. I changed the access number and got my guide back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.