AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a unique situation where I have a processor and a receiver that are in the same room. If I am watching the TV I use the receiver and if I am using the projector I use the processor. I want to share the subs. I already have an ab switch for my surround speakers. The AB switch I bought from russound uses wired terminals. This works great. It is auto switching. The problem is the subs are self powered and they use Coax / RCA connections. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Neil

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Assuming the sub has a stereo line input, feed the mono sub line out of the receiver and the processor to each of the inputs. The sub sums them together. Only the signal that is active will be heard, so don't have the AVR and processor on at the same time--or mute one of them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Running additional lines to the subwoofer isn't an option right now. I was looking or hoping for something that was in the component rack...

Thanks!

Neil

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Get two resistors, anywhere from 2.2k to 10k will work as long as they match. Drive each sub line output thru a series resistor and tie the two output ends together. That junction is the feed to the sub. It's a passive mixer with 6 dB loss.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to plead ignorance. I could probably figure that out but I am looking for something in a nice shiny black box

Thanks!

Neil

·
Registered
12,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil /forum/post/18318038

I have to plead ignorance. I could probably figure that out but I am looking for something in a nice shiny black box

Ask, and ye shall receive!
http://www.audioplex.com/BUFFY.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts