AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new system, and currently have my rear speakers on adjustable stands, a little behind my sitting position, and 1-2 feet above my ears. How high should they be above my ears for proper placement?

My center speaker is sitting on top of my TV, with the left and right speakers lower than the center, to the sides of my TV. Should I get stands to elevate the left and rights to the center height? That way all 5 speakers would be at the same height, above my ear level.

·
Registered
946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozerider /forum/post/0

I just got my new system, and currently have my rear speakers on adjustable stands, a little behind my sitting position, and 1-2 feet above my ears. How high should they be above my ears for proper placement?

My center speaker is sitting on top of my TV, with the left and right speakers lower than the center, to the sides of my TV. Should I get stands to elevate the left and rights to the center height? That way all 5 speakers would be at the same height, above my ear level.

1'-2' above ear level for sides and surrounds is fine. The tweeter on the fronts should be at ear level. Tilt the center down so it is aimed at the listening position.

·
Registered
946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozerider /forum/post/0

OK, but should the 3 front speakers be on the same level? I can't tilt the center down.

Ideally they should all be the same level, but they should also be at ear level. Since very few people can put the center at ear level because the TV is in the way, they put the center below or above the TV and aim it at the listening position. You're going to have to compromise somewhere. Try the fronts at ear level and level with the center and listen to what sounds best. Can you put something under the rear of the center to give it a little downward tilt?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.