Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Would like some input on this please, eventhough I'm guessing that this would show how ignorant I am about HT.

I'm waiting for my Ref50 and Ref200.7 and have decided on the speakers to go with them. What I need to know is, is there any possibility of having two subwoofers with the seven speakers?

If not, how is it that I read of pre and power amps that are capable of this feat? Thanks, and please try not to mind the question if you think it's impossibly basic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am not sure if the Ref 50 has preouts for 2 subs in the main zone or not. If not, you would use a Y adapter out of the sub output . Then run one line to each sub from the Y adapter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Darkside123,

Thanks for responding to my plight. But I'm afraid your explanation is wasted on me. It was like trying to decipher Greek from a very, very obscure rural area!

Yep, that's how hopeless I am with these things. But nevermind, I'll just pick up the phone tonight and call the people at B&K. They have been very helpful really.

Hope they'd be able to shed a bit more light on this matter. Thanks again Mr Darkside123.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
hisham,

It really isn't complicated. It's as simple as Darkside explained.. You've got one sub preout from the Ref50. You simply plug a Y adapter which looks just like the letter "Y" and run a single cable to each sub. Just like a cable tv splitter if you ran cable tv to two different rooms. BTW, i have a Ref50 and really like it! :) I only run one sub though.

ps. some sub cables come with a "Y" adapter. My Monster sub cable did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.