AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my HD 200 hooked to my HDTV with the DVI Cable and was wondering if there is another Active Video and Audio on the back of the HD 200 that will work at the same time?

I'm trying to hook two seprate TV's to the one receiver so I can watch either one using the one HD 200?

I only want to watch one at a time, Just checking to see if there are two active Video & Audio's while using the DVI ?

Can this been done? Thanks..

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by felloffthetruck
I have my HD 200 hooked to my HDTV with the DVI Cable and was wondering if there is another Active Video and Audio on the back of the HD 200 that will work at the same time?

I'm trying to hook two seprate TV's to the one receiver so I can watch either one using the one HD 200?

I only want to watch one at a time, Just checking to see if there are two active Video & Audio's while using the DVI ?

Can this been done? Thanks..
I do not think that box has multiple active HD outputs. You need a distribution amp but I dont know if there is one for HDCP DVI or not. I am using component and feed 3 HDTV displays with on stb, I use to use a DA but now I am using a matrix switcher that feeds each with my HTPC, HDSTB and DVD player. Just in case you don't know a matrix switcher is like a DA and a switch in one box. It will let you send any source to 1 or more outputs at the same time.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't need the HD signal for the second TV.

The RG6 Cable line would be fine with me?

Is there anything at all active on the back of the HD200 while using the DVI Cable?

Thanks..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks like you are having the same problem that I am having, it appears if we are using the DVI output then all the other outputs are disabled.

Jim

·
Registered
397 Posts
Its an extra step but you can just run a coax cable from the HD200 output to your second tv and then whenever you want to use the second tv, change the mode on the HD200 to video1/2 or one of the other modes in the HD200 that supports 480i.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for the information, it worked for me.

Jim

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, Jim

Did this setup work fine without having to flip the switch on the back of the HD200? Do you get sound and Video out of the Cable line when you switch to Video 1/2 ?

Thanks,

Ann

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ann

Yes, it does work by using the format button on the remote without having to flip the switch on the back, and I do have both audio and video when I switch to video 1/2. The only thing that maybe problematic is that you can't have both units on at the same time.

Hope this helps,

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.