AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follow this link:

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail...0B-_-Receivers

After putting the Onkyo in your cart, apply the promo code and the Klipsch sub pops up for free, all with free shipping. Not sure if this promo is only available to those who received the e-mail, but it's worth a shot.

Expires 3/11.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
nice! looks like you could easily flip it for $350-400 and get your cost down on the receiver to $1400 or so, right around 3007 territory!

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCONKLIN1 /forum/post/18254036

nice! looks like you could easily flip it for $350-400 and get your cost down on the receiver to $1400 or so, right around 3007 territory!

I'd be careful about expecting to "flip" a subwoofer, especially that close to MSRP ($449), unless you have someone local already interested. Shipping on those things can be VERY expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear5k /forum/post/18254124

I'd be careful about expecting to "flip" a subwoofer, especially that close to MSRP ($449), unless you have someone local already interested. Shipping on those things can be VERY expensive.

I agree. The best price I've seen on the 5007 is $1599 not including shipping, so basically you'd have to unload the sub for at least $200 before shipping to meet that price. However if you need the sub and intend to use it, it's not a bad deal. FWIW it seems that most places are selling the sub for MSRP, with one place asking $399 shipped.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCONKLIN1 /forum/post/18255137

who would use this sub with a 5007?

I doubt anyone that could afford a 5007 would use it as their primary sub
But I have two setups - my "nice" one is in the basement with the RS35, and my "less nice" one is upstairs with my 2CH setup and Kuro. I wouldn't mind adding the Klipsch to the upstairs while replacing that receiver with the one currently downstairs, and putting the 5007 downstairs. I'm sure there's some other people here that fall into some kind of similar category

1 - 6 of 6 Posts