AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had this receiver for around 3 years now.

In the last month or so, it has been behaving rather erratically.

- Many times, the component source is picked up by the receiver (display shows the audio type being received but TV does not get any signals (says searching for signal)

- a few times, the audio is still working but the picture on the TV is frozen.

- very occasionally, the receiver does not even pick up the incoming signals from the component (eg WDTV)

Most of these issues happen after the receiver has run for some time. It could be as low as 15 minutes!!

Should I get it to the service center - does this look like a typical problem this receiver has with heating or with the video system?

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
Is this connected via HDMI? Have you tried re-seating the cables? Have you tried different cables?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alan, they are connected via HDMI. I have a PS3, WD TV, a dish - all connected via HDMI.

All of them work at times and drop off - I am beginning to blame fatigue
I have tried changing the cable that connects the receiver and the TV and the same trend continues - works well at times and drops off esp late at night (guess when its been used for a bit). I have also started keeping the front and back of the stand open when the receiver is on.

M Code, what do you mean by reset? Switch off and on or a reset to factory default and start programming from scratch?

Also, I have never updated firmware since I bought this unit end 2009. Not even sure what firmware it has. Any idea if this could help?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad news that I was expecting to hear - the HDMI PCB is fried. A replacement is 500$ or thereabouts according to the service center. I will cut my losses and pick it up tomorrow

Well, sort of good news is that I will be getting the NR818 as the replacement. Some good upgrade features as I have found out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts