AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a sound card that outputs up to 192khz, and have this receiver which supposedly has support for it.

However, the receiver starts flipping in and out of modes without playing any sound. I have no problems with anything up to 96/24.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

·
Registered
273 Posts
soulrider,

The D/A converters in the receiver are in fact 192 kHz, but I don't know if that means it can accept a 192 kHz 24 bit input. I have the TX-SR604 and according to the manual, it will only accept a 2 channel 192 kHz signal and only over HDMI, which your receiver doesn't have. To utilize a 192 kHz input, my receiver also has to be in direct mode, i.e. I can't process the input. I usually always use 96 kHz, I find it provides very decent sound.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulrider4ever /forum/post/0

I recently bought a sound card that outputs up to 192khz, and have this receiver which supposedly has support for it.

However, the receiver starts flipping in and out of modes without playing any sound. I have no problems with anything up to 96/24.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

As per owner's manual,
Quote:
Linear PCM 192 kHz/24-bit D/A converters on all channels

Also check foot notes on page# 49 of owner's manual for more info for various signal format.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.