AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this reciever. When I turn on the recciever I hear 3 clicks. the reciever turns on then a few seconds after that it switches off. the standby light starts to blink. I have followed the trouble shooting instruction but no luck.

Before I bring it to the shop I would like to know what Im doing wrong.

thanks chuck

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthere /forum/post/12894837

I just bought this reciever. When I turn on the recciever I hear 3 clicks. the reciever turns on then a few seconds after that it switches off. the standby light starts to blink. I have followed the trouble shooting instruction but no luck.

Before I bring it to the shop I would like to know what Im doing wrong.

thanks chuck

This indicates to me that your tripping it's protection circuit..meaning that your speaker wiring have a short somewhere. Check to make sure that no wire is exposed and touching each other. Also check your speaker terminals at the receiver to make sure that the no wires are touching each other.

I'm willing to make a bet that's it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya that's the other problem although its new. I cant take it back. I paid $475 for it. but it is new never used. Maybe off to the shop with.

Shop wants 100 bucks to test the unit. that 100 goes towards any repairs/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked it up with a SR-805 also $475... I also got an SP-908 home theater. I will be selling all three on ebay.

It's legal. This are store returns. Im thinking I might have paid a little too much. anyway it's in the shop where they run s/n's I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
And I'm sure your Ebay ad will read:

New, never used ...

and we'll end up helping the next sucker that buys this crap.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Typical Americans? If you mean honest, expect other people to be honest, resent con jobs - yeah, I resemble that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts