AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on tyler acoustics speaker line besides that they are great for 2 channel? they look good and they seem to use great components but haven't heard too much about them for HT. i'm designing a home theater for a friend and i was thinking about using them. anyone have any feedback on them? how about their subs for HT?

·
Banned
574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooomz /forum/post/0

I was thinking of the supertowers for mains. would you recommend Taylo's? how about their sub?

I would recommend the Taylo's but then again I have not heard the other lines of speakers Tyler carries. Don't know about the sub. I have a SVS.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the tyler sub they say doesn't go that low 25hz because it is sealed and provides tight bass but i'm not sure how well that really does for HT. i was thinking maybe axiom 600 for the sub to go with the tylers.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I bought a 5 channel set of the Freedoms and Linbrook Sigs. I thought they did a pretty good job for 2-channel audio, but the matching center speakers needed some xover work IMHO for home theater usage. It just didn't do much for me or even sound right.

I thought the Linbrook Sigs were finished very nicely. I had a custom cherry variant made for me and Tye did a fantastic job. Not a bad product, but not great either. I know some really like them, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Perhaps a little late, but I own two sets of Tyler's... I purchased my 1st pair of monitor's and was thrilled beyond belief. I bought them used from Tyler's website, he's one of the most helpful person you could ask for. Anyway, I was building a HT in my attic, and was hell bent to get the whole system (towers, surrounds, etc...). I found a set off of audio***.com and drove ~ 200 miles to get them. They are a site to see... Bloodwood finish, with external cross-overs for the towers, internal for the surrounds. The center is intimidatingly huge.

My equipment consists Parasound Halo A52, A23, C2, Marantz DV9600, Velodyne F1200 and Cardas Golden Cross. I'm not a guru, and will not claim to be, so I can only compare them to past experience.

My previous speakers, KEF 105.3's were incredible. Warm and velvety -- would make the hair stand up on your neck...(in a good way). The Tyler towers were ultra clear, but missing something from the mid's down.

The KEF's were much better in the lower to mid-range, and the Tyler's were much better in the upper to high end. All in all they're a very nice speaker, however I'm not sure that I'm content. To compare these two speakers would not be fair, because they are inherently different from the start.

I can't part with my KEF's, I'll keep them forever... but in a different room. I may replace the Tyler's sometime in the future, but not today.

In closing, I would recommend the Tyler's to anyone, as they are very clean, built with fantastic parts, the cabinets build quality are second to none. Some of the finishes are quite wild. Check them out. I'm also big on the fact that most of his speakers all are front ported -- this greatly helps in rooms of questionable size, and are easier to tune to your room.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.